Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Home School Mom's Job is Never Done..So What's for Dinner?


I was sitting at my dining room table tonight planning dinner meals for the next few weeks.

I've found early on with home schooling that if I don't prepare for the upcoming week that things like "eating" seem to not be done. Well...I take that back, we do it but it ends up being something not so good for us.

So anyway, I do up my meal list for a week and shop for two weeks worth of groceries at a time. My friend was telling me today that one of her home school mom friends did up a month's worth of dinner meals one time!

WOW! That's a lot of cooking at one time.

I think it's important for our family to eat supper together and I don't like going into the kitchen 30 minutes before supper having a panic attack because I don't know what to fix.

So, I took this idea and compiled some quick dinner meal ideas into one spot. Also, some great tips to make sure you're always prepared for those nights you need quick meals.

Check this out and then feel free to post your favorite dinner meal idea here on my blog and I can re-post it to this Squidoo Lens if you like.

http://www.squidoo.com/fast-dinner-meals

1 comment:

  1. Breakfast Ideas:

    Banana Fritter
    Ingredients: 1 banana
    1 tbsp of peanut butter
    1 tsp honey
    granola

    Peel banana, mix honey and peanut butter in small bowl and warm in microwave for 15 seconds, slather banana with the mixture, sprinkle with your favorite granola.

    Tip- if you don't have granola you can crumble cereal.

    Brown Rice Breakfast
    Ingredients: 1/2 cup instant brown rice
    soy or regular milk(desired amount)
    1 tbsp brown sugar
    cinnamon
    dried cranberries
    sliced almonds
    dash of cinnamon

    Cook the brown rice according to box microwave instructions. Once cooked add all your ingredients.

    Hint- Feel free to experiment with other ingredients, there is no wrong way to eat brown rice breakfast. You can use fresh fruit instead of dry fruit too.


    ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete